Important notice: steps to take before younited by F-Secure is shut down on October 1, 2015.
As we are shutting down the younited by F-Secure service on October 1, 2015, your younited subscription will expire and your account will enter a read-only period of 30 days from that date. In practice, this means that after the service shutdown, you will be able to view and download your content for another 30 days until October 30, 2015. After October 30, 2015, your younited account and its content will be deleted permanently.
We therefore urge you to download all your content to your computer and transfer it to another solution as soon as possible.
Please take a look at the information gathered here about how to handle your content.
Download your content from younited
We recommend that you download your content from younited to your computer by using the desktop or web applications; this way you can download entire folders at once. On the mobile apps, you can only download individual files.
Note: In the younited application, click on the cloud icon at the bottom of the app to check how large your current content is. This is to make sure you have enough free space on your computer to download the content.
- Open up your desktop younited or the web application.
- In the navigation menu on the left, click SOURCES, and select a device. The content folders for that device appear on the right.
- Select the folders for download by ticking the box.
- Click Download in the menu bar at the top, and do one of the following:
- If you are using a desktop application, select the location for the folder, and click Download.
- If you are using the web application, click OK to download the zip file. The file is downloaded to your Downloads folder on your computer.
Please note that the download may take some time depending on the size of the folders.
Note: When you installed the application, the "younited" folder was created by default. If you have content in this folder, remember to download this content in the same way as described in the steps above.
Remove your source devices from younited
When you have downloaded all your content from younited, you can remove your source devices using the desktop or web applications, if you wish. This is optional, as we will delete all your content permanently after October 30, 2015.
Note: By removing the source devices, you delete all your content from the relevant folders in younited, and you also stop syncing with younited.
- In the navigation menu, click SOURCES. All your devices and services that are synced with younited appear on the right.
- Select the devices or services you want to remove by ticking the box.
- Click Remove source, and tick the "Yes, I know what I am doing" box.
- Click OK.
Note: Once a source is removed, it may take some time before all the content from that source is removed from younited.
Other things to consider:
• If you have shared content in a group space with other people, please note that as of October 1, 2015 this content will no longer be available. If necessary, inform your group.
• If you have a younited Events by F-Secure account in use, this service will also be shut down.